Interviewing your Interviewer-?'s that Wow
Often interviews conclude with a common question from the hiring authority, "Do you have any questions for me?". This question is far too often a wasted opportunity for the job seeker due to poor preparation or a lack of creativity.
The following are questions will give a strong sense of your assertiveness as a candidate and lead your potential employer to think "Wow, great question!"
Be sure to ask these interview questions as they pertain to you:
- Specifically, what qualities and/or skill set are you looking for in an ideal job candidate?
- What do you think distinguishes this company from its competitors, both from a public and employee perspective?
- What particular achievements would be indicative of success in this position? What would success look like?
- What is the typical career trajectory for a person in this position?
- What is your ideal communication style with your staff and coworkers? Do you meet regularly with your team, rely heavily on e-mail, use status reports or work primarily through other means?
- Could you describe the company’s culture and leadership philosophy?
- Does your company offer continued education and professional training?
- What do you personally like about working here?
- What would you consider to be largest problem facing your staff, and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?
- How do you see me as a candidate for the job in comparison with an ideal candidate?
Avoid asking questions in early interviews and meetings that pertain to pay, time off or benefits, there will be an appropriate time to inquire about these topics later in the hiring process. Additionally, steer clear of questions that could be easily answered with a quick visit to your favorite search engine.
Whether you are an executive working towards your next corner office or a college graduate looking for your first foot in the door, the interview process is an important one and these questions are sure to keep the interviewer or hiring manager impressed with your careful consideration of their company.
Powered by WP LinkPress